This catalogue, comprised of several different data sheets, describes several of Crompton Parkinson's
lanterns in detail. It’s dated May 1953 and comprises a fairly standard range of tungsten, mercury and low-pressure sodium lanterns.
The price list also lists several lanterns not included in the main catalogue. This are shown below.
- Argus I (Sheet 3B) (60-200W GLS, 80-125W MB/U, 80-125W MBF/U)
- Argus II (Sheet 12A) (300-500W GLS, 125W MBF/V)
- Corona I (Sheet 7A) (45-60W SO/H)
- Corona II (Sheet 18B) (85-140W SO/H)
- Leo (Sheet 14A) (250-400W MA/V)
- Lion (Sheet 9B) (300-500W GLS)
- Sirius (Sheet 4A) (100-200W GLS, 80-125 MB/V, 80 MBF/V)
- Star I & Star II (Sheet 2B) (60-200W GLS, 80-125 MB/U, 80-125 MBF/U)
- Star III (Sheet 11A) (300-500W GLS, 125 MBF/V)
- Taurus (Sheet 1B) (100-200W GLS, 80-125W MB/U, 80-125W MBF/U)
All of the glassware was manufactured by Holophane. Not only are the various refractors instantly recognisable,
but Crompton Parkinson use Holophane’s numbering system when describing them.
Several lanterns appear to be very similar, or identical, to models made by ELECO. The Argus I, Star I and
Taurus resemble the Letchworth, Welwyn and Baldock lanterns; the only difference
appearing cosmetic (the number of vertical lines comprising the decorative pattern on the canopy). Similarly the Corona I and
Corona II are similar (if not identical) to the ELECO Golden Ray MK III and the HW 505.
Price list differences:
- ARGUS I: Catalogue numbers have an S120 base whilst the leaflet uses S121.
- AURIGA I: Lantern not included in the leaflets (S320EX - cast iron, S340EX - aluminium alloy).
- AURIGA II: Lantern not included in the leaflets (S360EX - cast iron, S380EX - aluminium alloy).
- CAPELLA I: Lantern not included in the leaflets (S270EX, SG270EX, S275EX).
- CAPELLA II: Lantern not included in the leaflets (S280EX, S285EX).
- CONCEPT I: Lantern not included in the leaflets (S430AN, S430BN, S430CN).
- ORION: Lantern not included in the leaflets (S200DN, S201DN, S205DN, S206DN).
- TAURUS: Catalogue numbers have an S141 base whilst the leaflet uses S142.