This is the street lighting section from a larger Philips brochure which probably dates from the mid 1970s. It reveals a
transitional phase when the firm were introducing their own designs and gradually phasing out their reliance on rebadged lanterns made under license from
The MA5, MA6, MA9 and MI5 have now been replaced by their own MA50, MA60, MA90 and MI50; whilst the older MA3 has given away to the MA30. New SON based lanterns
such as the HGS 201 and SGS ranges have also appeared. And the high mast SRP013 lantern continues their emerging dominance in motorway and main road lighting.
The inclusion of the MI8 reveals that they're still dependent on other manufacturer's lanterns in some cases.
- MA SOX range (90W, 135W, 180W SOX)
- MA 30 range (250W-400W MBF/U, 150W-400W SON)
- MI 8 range (55W SOX)
- HGS 201/250, HGS 201/400, SGS 201/250, SGS 201/400 (250W-400W MBF/U, 150W-400W SON)
- XGS HGS SGS (125W MBF/U, 35W SOX, 70W SON)
- SRP 013 (2x250W SON, 2x400W SON, 2x400W MBI)
- MI 50 (35W SOX)